Country Manager - DACH
Lyst is a global fashion search platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
You will join a new team in charge of launching non-English markets, the International Team. Reporting to the Director of Europe, you will be responsible for growing Lyst’s new sites, lyst.de, lyst.at, and lyst.ch. As the Country Manager for the DACH region, your responsibilities will include coordinating the marketing of our local German, Austrian and Swiss sites; acquiring the right local partners to ensure we are offering the best inventory on each site; and analysing varied sources of performance data to make informed decisions about how best to fuel this already high-growth region. You will be accountable for the P&L of the region as a whole.
With the support of a dedicated Communications Lead for Germany who will report directly to you, you will work closely with the expert SEM and SEO functional teams who sit within the central business to define and monitor the marketing approach that will fuel growth of the platform across DACH and bring our offering to millions of local customers.
Working alongside the central Supply team, you will also be targeted on acquiring the best local partners to build our inventory on our localised DE, AT and CH sites. This includes researching and sourcing potential partners through your in-depth knowledge of the DACH fashion landscape, travelling to the markets and negotiating key terms, monitoring performance, pitching commercial tools developed in-house and fostering key relationships with retailers and affiliate networks.
- You are a native or fluent German speaker (required), fluent French speaker (preferred) and have an in-depth knowledge of local DACH fashion brands, retailers and publications.
- You have 2-3 years experience in a top tier investment bank or consultancy
- You are excited about joining a brand new, data-driven, high-growth team (we started as a team of three last July and will number 17 in a few months’ time).
- You are adaptable and understand we are working towards a collective goal - Lyst is a fast-paced work environment, and the product and tools are likely to change and improve all the time.
- You are delivery-focussed, comfortable setting tough targets for yourself and your team, and motivated by trying to reach them.
- You are resilient and see failure as a learning opportunity, not to be dwelt on.
- You are keen for the challenge of being accountable for the success of a significant region ($1m+ GMV per month already), acting autonomously in making judgements without well-defined operating procedures or guidelines
- You are a master communicator, building strong relationships both externally and internally - you will work with almost every part of the business and you must be comfortable advocating for partners and co-ordinating complicated projects with other teams.
- You are passionate about using frequent test-and-learn cycles to figure things out, and ideally have some experience in owning a product or market.
- You are extremely analytical and comfortable using multiple sources of data to inform your decisions. You have experience using data tools such as Looker and Excel.
- You will manage a range of complex relationships of varying size and will need to have great organizational skills to manage it all.
- You have exceptional written and verbal skills and presentation experience. You will be interacting with key press and fostering relationships with our partners so you must be comfortable negotiating with senior level executives.
- You are comfortable with the prospect of growing out a team when required and have some level of managerial experience already.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact, we go further and all Lysters get £1,500, $1,900 to spend on conferences, courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet-ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.