Compensation: Competitive + Stock
Closing Date - Friday 19th May 2019
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
You will lead the International Tribe which is a relatively new outfit within Lyst. International's mission is to get our target audience to experience our core value proposition as soon and as frequently as possible in local markets. The International Tribe is currently comprised of the following Squads: Supply, Marketing & Communication, Customer Experience & Localisation. There is also a dedicated VP Engineering for the Tribe.
You’ll be responsible for the launch of our local site in new markets while ensuring our first ones (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Japan and Korea, all launched in the last year) continue to show fantastic growth whilst being used as a learning ground to develop a comprehensive playbook to launch new markets successfully.
You will champion the international expansion within Lyst, working with teams across the business to ensure the best for from a strategy and tactics standpoint. You will report to our COO.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting the overall international strategy & OKRs – owning the future direction and planning for Lyst’s international expansion efforts, deciding where to launch next and what resources to deploy where most potential exists, test and learn as fast as possible to drive results.
- Manage international top-line & budget - being in charge of delivering 5%+ and growing of the current Gross Merchandise Value of the company, with full independence on budget allocation.
- Hiring talent, developing and coaching - attract, retain and nurture the best talent through direct coaching and training. Proactively review team structure as the business grows. This is a new team so mentoring is key!
- Collaborating with other key areas - you will need to work very closely alongside the Demand Tribe (in charge of Acquisition and Retention for the Core markets), Customer Experience (in charge of delivering core value to our users), Supply (in charge of providing the best assortment and solution for our global partners) and with Analytics.
- Being the Voice of Lyst internationally - you will actively support the effort in establishing Lyst’s fashion & technology brand in new markets (e.g. partners meetings, participation in conferences, etc...)
- Contributing to Lyst’s Leadership team - you will be an integral part of the leadership team (VPs and CXOs) who shape and contribute to key decisions for the company, like strategy and culture.
- Promoting Lyst Culture - protecting and investing in both team culture, acting as a cultural ambassador across the business, bring a positive, can-do attitude to the table and helping peers, reports and colleagues solve any problems they are trying to overcome
The VP of International should be passionate about leading new projects, and be driven by delivering a meaningful impact against the company’s goals. You will be the leader and owner of the vision, strategy and results of the International Tribe, and more importantly inspire and lead the team to achieve greatest highs. Below there are some of the essential attributes:
- Cross-functional project management: you will have demonstrated an ability to lead cross-functional projects involving various disciplines like marketing, product or supply. You’re used to work with team creatives, marketers, engineers, PMs, sales persons etc.
- Leadership: you will bring strong leadership and communication skills. You will be an inspiring leader and mentor, capable of attracting top-tier talent to his or her teams, and also developing and coaching team members to continually improve their performance and accelerate their career progression. You will also be a passionate representative of International across all levels of the business so bringing energy, passion and a can-do attitude will be crucial.
- Hands-on approach: you will have strong prioritisation skills, ensuring that the team is working on the right things at the right time. You will be able to effectively balance a wide range of challenges, from short term impact to meet growth expectation to future potential of activities.
- Scale-up aptitude : you will be able to work in high-growth, rapidly-changing, dynamic environment. You will be comfortable with ambiguity and fluid processes, and will be used to tackling new problems on a weekly basis.
- Stakeholder management: you will be an effective communicator outside of the International Tribe too. Will be able to collaborate and align with other Tribe Leaders as there are a lot of common areas of interest and challenge. You will add significant value to the leadership team and be able to contribute positively to broader business strategy.
- Cultural fit: you will be a strong fit for Lyst’s culture: being smart, humble and thriving in a culture of real ownership. They will be down-to-earth, curious, driven, non-political, non-hierarchical, transparent, open, and approachable. They will relish being part of a team and embrace the warm atmosphere of collaboration, but also direct communications and healthy challenging from peers and colleagues.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact, we go further and all Lysters get £1,500, $1,900 to spend on conferences, courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet-ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.