Senior Legal Counsel
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in squads - small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a passionate corporate/commercial lawyer to join our dynamic in-house team and lead on the day to day running of the function. You will report to the General Counsel and manage junior team members.
You will be the go-to person for all things legal, working closely with the business to provide legal & strategic support across a wide variety of matters. You will build processes for scale and help our product & commercial teams solve complex problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with teams across the business and implementing legal solutions to a range of complex problems
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Supporting on corporate matters including fundraising & governance
- Managing relationships with external counsel
- Advising on a wide range of matters including IP, data privacy, IT, commercial, corporate, and employment law
- Managing the legal budget
- Providing legal, commercial and strategic advice on industry and technological developments, including GDPR and ePrivacy
You will bring high energy and enthusiasm to the role, combined with strong business and commercial focus. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills and will work well with autonomy and collaboratively.
You will be a problem solver - using your expertise, commercial acumen & common sense to find solutions to complex problems and ways forward for new projects.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will be a commercial or corporate lawyer with 6+ years PQE, ideally with some experience in the technology sector.
Please contact us or you have any questions or would like more information on this opportunity.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact, we go further and all Lysters get £1,500, $1,900 to spend on conferences, courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet-ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.