Lyst is a technology platform that helps customers find fashion they love. We connect 70 million shoppers globally with a fashion inventory aggregated from the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler and more effective shopping experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams (Squads) with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver impact on the Squad’s goals. We reward these Squads for the impact they create and we value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people, invest in alignment, and get out of their way.
As an SVP Product at Lyst, you will be Tribe Leader for the Customer Experience Tribe, whose mission is to deliver the most effective ways for customers to find fashion that’s perfect for them. The tribe is currently made up of four multidisciplinary Squads, although as Tribe Leader you have autonomy to create and resource whichever Squads you feel you need to deliver the Tribe mission.
Reporting into the CPO, this role has a lot of autonomy to guide and mentor product managers within the individual Squads. You'll be supported by our team of software engineers, data scientists, product managers and product experience managers, who will all be working together to ensure we provide our customers with the right items, at the right time, at the right price.
Role and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the setting Tribe strategy in line with Company strategy, and delivering impact on the Tribe mission and goals. To achieve this, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer problem, through quantitative and qualitative analysis, which informs your Tribe strategy - this allows you to allocate resources within the tribe and define the problems each Squad should work on.
- Continuously align the Tribe members on Lyst’s values and ways of working, with particular focus on driving a culture of very fast experimentation and iteration.
- Ensure every Squad in the Tribe has a clear mission, and everyone in the Tribe understands how their impact helps the Company achieve its customer-focussed mission, which should form their primary motivation.
- Support Squad Leads to set their measurable goals (OKRs), with hiring, and with any ad-hoc issues that arise, so the Tribe can deliver its goals.
- You will communicate the Tribe’s progress and direction with: other members of Leadership Team, the Tribe, the wider company at ‘All Hands’, and our Board of Directors.
- You will be highly driven by delivering impact on clearly defined goals, with a clear bias for action.
- You will be a strong leader, inspiring your Tribe to believe in what is possible.
- You are a team player who loves collaborating with others to make things happen.
- You forge strong relationships across all of your teams.
- You will have experience in building/growing successful consumer web products
- You thrive in rapidly changing, fluid startup environments
- You prefer lean vs agile (very fast iteration is your product philosophy)
- You’re highly analytical, while also being both opinionated and humble.
- You can structure and prioritise within highly complex systems, coupling excellent critical judgement with quick decision-making.
- You’re very comfortable and experienced with product analytics (retention, behavioural analysis, cohorts, numbers etc).
- You’re able to develop a strong understanding of our customers’ problems, and use this to inform your creative product vision. You will have strong opinions on the best ways our products can help our customers.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get a total of 29 days off on top of all the bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.