Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in squads - small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches which autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
You will lead the Demand Tribe, whose mission is to get our target audience to experience our core value proposition as soon and as frequently as possible. The Demand Tribe is currently comprised of the following squads: Paid Acquisition, SEO Acquisition, Activists (Authority Building), Activation and Retention. There is also a dedicated VP Engineering for the Tribe.
You will be responsible for:
- Overall growth strategy – owning the future direction and planning for Lyst’s Demand/Growth efforts, deciding where to dedicate efforts and resources where most potential exists, test and learn as fast as possible to drive results.
- Top-line management - being in charge of delivering 95%+ of the current Gross Merchandise Value of the company, and with expectations of growing at high double digit rate per year. This is a role with high expectations for performance in the short and the long term
- Collaboration with other key areas - you will need to work very closely alongside the International Tribe (in charge of localising efforts), Customer Experience (in charge of delivering core value to our users), Supply (in charge of providing the best assortment and solution for our partners) and with Analytics
- Growth and Marketing domain expertise - building and sharing a body of knowledge, tools, and practices to ensure the best results. Also the general strategies marked here will be followed by the International team.
- Talent development and coaching - retain and nurture the best talent we have currently in the organisation through direct coaching and training, as well as make the required changes to continually upgrade the function
- Hiring - attracting top-tier team members to raise the bar across the Demand organisation. Utilising your network in an effective and efficient manner, whilst also further establishing Lyst’s brand as a great place for Growth professionals to work (e.g. participation in conferences, etc...)
- Leadership team - you will be an integral part of the leadership team (VPs and CXOs) who shape and contribute to key decisions for the company, like strategy and culture.
Culture - protecting and investing in both team culture, acting as a cultural ambassador across the business, bring a positive, can-do attitude to the table and helping peers, reports and colleagues solve any problems they are trying to overcome
The new SVP of Growth should be passionate about delighting users, and be driven by delivering a meaningful impact against the company’s goals. You will be the leader and owner of the vision, strategy and results of the Growth function, and more importantly inspire and lead the Demand team to achieve greatest highs. Below there are some of the essential attributes:
- Leadership: you will bring strong leadership and communication skills and be directing a group of senior, very smart Squad Leads. This person will also be a passionate representative of Demand across all levels of the business. Will be an inspiring leader and mentor, capable of attracting top-tier talent to his or her teams, and also developing and coaching people internally to continually improve their performance and accelerate their career progression. Bringing energy, passion and a can-do attitude will be crucial
- Growth expertise: ideally the candidate has led teams in a Silicon Valley style of company, focused on Growth, so used to work with Engineers, Designer, PMs, Analyst in a fast test & learn environment, but equally has a very deep understanding of the different Marketing channels: SEO, PPC, Facebook, IG...
- Hands-on approach: the candidate will have strong prioritisation skills, ensuring that the team are working on the right things at the right time. Will be able to effectively balance a wide range of challenges, from short term impact to meet growth expectation to future potential of activities
- Scale-up experience: will be able to work in high-growth, rapidly-changing, dynamic environment. Will be comfortable with ambiguity and fluid processes, and will be used to tackling new problems on a weekly basis.
- Stakeholder management: will be an effective communicator outside of the Demand Tribe too. Will be able to collaborate and align with other Tribe Leaders as there are a lot of common areas of interest and challenge. Will add significant value at the leadership team and be able to contribute positively to broader business strategy
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get a total of 29 days off on top of all the bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.