Senior Product Manager - Search & Personalisation
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in squads - small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Here at Lyst we're aiming to surprise and delight our users constantly with a great experience that keeps them coming back for more. To help us continue to build this experience, we're looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager.
The importance of this position and freedom that comes with it is fairly exceptional.
You will lead a squad in the Customer Experience Tribe, whose mission is to design and build the most innovative ways for customers to find and buy fashion from our partners through a seamless, end-to-end experience. The key focus for this squad is on improving the findability of items - search, ranking, recommendations, personalisation etc.
The squad consists of a cross functional team of product, design, front- and back-end engineers, data scientists and any other functions we feel are important to create an autonomous team.
You will take responsibility for the creation and delivery of the strategy for your product area - identify new opportunities and define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the success, create a vision and roadmap, and manage the full product lifecycle - defining features, writing specifications and measurement metrics to create high-performance digital experiences.
We need someone commercially minded, comfortable dealing with problems at a huge level of scale who is known for their execution abilities.
- You will have strong product management skills
- You must have experience building successful products or growing mature products (should provide biggest success)
- You know what it takes and have experience launching complex products
- You have a good technical understanding, and an interest working with Data Science
- You'll be comfortable working autonomously on projects, with great attention to detail and ideally a good sense for design or fashion
- You can handle many projects at once, balancing the swift release process with the need for attention to detail
- You prefer lean vs agile (iteration is your salvation, passion to be effective, eliminate waste and deliver fast)
- You’re very comfortable and experienced with product analytics
- You will be growth minded and understand the speed of decision making required in a rapidly scaling business
- You will be commercially and technically minded - able to understand concepts and explain limitations between marketers and engineers
- You’re analytical, opinionated and humble
- You can act as a mentor for other members on the team
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Company pension - up to 3% matching
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved