Software Engineer - Seek
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
The Seek Squad is part of our Marketplace Tribe, whose mission is to design and build the most innovative ways for customers to find and buy fashion from our partners through a seamless, end-to-end experience.
Seek aims to help our users find what they're looking for amongst our vast inventory so you will be building products that leverage our inventory to ensure customers find and interact with the fashion they want. The Seek Squad consists of a cross functional team of product, design, data scientists and front-end and backend engineers.
As a Software Engineer in Seek your mission will be to help build a seamless and fundamentally useful experience to help high-intent, luxury and contemporary fashion shoppers find what they are looking for - all of this on a platform which is currently used by millions of users globally.
Most of our backend services are written in Python, but our web stack includes React, Node and GraphQL and some familiarity with or willingness to learn a bit about these technologies would also be useful.
You should be:
- Driven by building the best possible product for the customer
- Excited to work with and learn from a diverse, interdisciplinary team
- Able to pragmatically balance quality with fast feature delivery
We have a well-defined career ladder within Engineering which is based on meritocratic principles so you can be sure of future advancement based on our four pillars: Technical Skill, Getting Stuff Done, Impact and Leadership.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.