Product Director - Marketplace
Lyst is a technology platform that revolutionises the way people shop for fashion. We connect millions of consumers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and more effective shopping experience. Lyst has grown over 300% every year since launch in 2011 and has raised over $60M from top-tier investors including Accel, DFJ, Balderton and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors and Oscar de la Renta.
Our investors have previously invested in companies including Facebook, Dropbox, Slack, Spotify, Etsy, Kayak & Deliveroo.
We are looking for an experienced Product Director to oversee and drive the concept and long-term vision for User Experience and Search at Lyst, helping guide and develop several Product Managers along the way.
You'll be working with cross-functional teams across Mobile, Web, Search / Recommendations and Customer Experience to drive the development of products that surprise and delight our users at every turn.
Reporting into the CPO, although having a lot of autonomy to guide and mentor product managers within the individual product units, you'll be helping us do everything from the conception and delivery of a new search function, the development and improvement of machine learning and image recognition and the continual updating of our core website.
You'll be supported by our team of software engineers, data scientists, partnerships managers and customer experience agents who will all be working together to ensure we provide our users with the right items, at the right time, at the right price.
- You will be growth minded and understand the speed of decision making required in a rapidly scaling business.
- You will be commercially and technically minded - able to understand concepts and explain limitations between marketers and engineers!
- You will need to understand modern marketing technology, think analytically about user behaviour and be able to conceptualise ideas that allow us to become best in breed in terms of in-house technology.
- You will have a passion for taking on many projects at once, balancing the swift release process with the need for attention to detail.
- You'll know what it takes and have experienced launching complex products in the gaming / banking / or consultancy sectors.
- We foresee this candidate coming from a top level consultancy, maybe with experience in Ecommerce, Gaming, investment banking or HFT or AdTech, with the capabilities to drive highly complex products to market with a resolute commercial vision.
- You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days over Christmas, so a total of 29 days + bank holidays!
- Engineering team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things they’re working on internally and externally.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage engineers to attend events.
- Learning and Development - From Python to SEO, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed. Each team also has a training budget to help cover any external courses.
- A clothing allowance - we’re a fashion company and you’ll get an allowance to spend on goodies from Lyst
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved
- Health and Wellness is also important to us and we put on regular yoga classes, have football and netball teams and encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Pension; up to 3% matched contribution.