The team of engineers and data scientists that work at Lyst are pushing the boundary of how data and technology are used in the fashion commerce space. We are developing an environment and culture that is all about writing great software using the best tools in the best possible manner.
What you will be working on:
- Finding elegant solutions to hard technical problems relating to JS (client side) and/or Python/Django (server-side)
- Contributing to open source libraries that we have either created or use, for example our UI components library Baustein ( https://github.com/ssaw/baustein ) or our CSS inliner that we use for emails ( https://github.com/ssaw/django-inlinify )
- Collaborating with product and designer to build new features
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards, which range from simple server-rendered pages to client side applications built using EmberJS
- Helping to improve our build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster
- Writing both unit and integration tests - we love testing.
- Building your own brand and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Creating better solutions for everything we do, from culture to the code.
Things that matter to us…
- Progressive enhancement - not because we expect people to disable JS but because we believe this makes you build a better product
- Mobile first - lyst.com is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance.
- CSS - we use LESS (but are considering a move to Sass) and the BEM methodology
- Tooling - our front end build system uses Grunt, Make, RequireJS, Browserify, LESS, JHint, ESLint, Karma, Mocha, Sinon, and a whole load more… but we don’t want tools that get in our way so we are always evaluating this stack.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited to join an innovative team to have a real impact on the culture, growth and the code you write. If you enjoy working on fixing real world problems effectively and in the best possible manner. Being challenged and pushing boundaries are part of day to day life at Lyst.
- You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days over Christmas, so a total of 29 days + bank holidays!
- Engineering team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things they’re working on internally and externally.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage engineers to attend events.
- Learning and Development - From Python to SEO, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed. Each team also has a training budget to help cover any external courses.
- A clothing allowance - we’re a fashion company and you’ll get an allowance to spend on goodies from Lyst
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved
- Health and Wellness is also important to us and we put on regular yoga classes, have football and netball teams and encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Pension; up to 3% matched contribution.