Inhouse Commercial Lawyer
Lyst is looking for a passionate junior solicitor to join our operations team as a commercial lawyer who will support the legal team as we continue to grow.
You will join a growing team of accountants, lawyers, HR, customer service and strategy professionals who make up the operations team and will help support all aspects of Lyst’s day-to-day operations and growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
- Liaising with teams across the business and implementing legal solutions to a range of complex problems
- Advising the business on a wide range of matters including IP, data privacy, IT, commercial and employment law matters
- Reviewing third-party terms and conditions and negotiating these on behalf of the business
- Preparing terms and conditions for promotions and competitions across the Lyst sites and applications
- Liaising with and instructing external counsel where necessary
- Assisting with company secretarial matters
We are looking for an excellent lawyer who wants to help tackle the day-to-day legal challenges facing a fast-growth, innovative company. You will enjoy taking on responsibility and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You will aim to become the “go to” person for all legal advice. Your input will become invaluable in making day-to-day commercial decisions.
Ideally, you will have:
- 0-2 years’ PQE
- Trained at an excellent firm and, ideally, have commercial in-house experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge regarding commercial contracts.
- An understanding of IP and data privacy issues.
- The ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in explaining legal concepts to non-legal professionals with an appreciation of the wider commercial considerations.
- An autonomous approach and strong analytical ability.
- You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days over Christmas, so a total of 29 days + bank holidays!
- Learning and Development - From Python to SEO, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed. Each team also has a training budget to help cover any external courses.
- A clothing allowance - we’re a fashion company and you’ll get a great allowance to spend on goodies from Lyst.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.
- Health and Wellness is also important to us and we put on regular yoga classes, have football and netball teams and encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Pension; up to 3% matched contribution.