Lyst is a technology platform that revolutionises the way people shop for fashion. We connect millions of consumers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and more effective shopping experience. Lyst has grown over 300% every year since launch in 2011 and has raised over $60M from top-tier investors including Accel, DFJ, Balderton and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors and Oscar de la Renta.
We're looking for Software Engineers to take on challenges in the products that sit at the heart of Lyst.
Our team is split into small vertical functions that handle everything from data ingestion, to our website to our universal checkout systems. You could be leading the design of a new system to rapidly detect external fashion trends, to solving challenges of international payments at scale, all the while helping us build a user friendly and commercially successful customer experience for one of the largest high-end fashion sites in the world.
Here's a little data on us you might find interesting:
- 50+ engineers and data scientists with plans to double the team size in the next 6 months.
- 5M duplicated products detected and merged using product image features (http://www.slideshare.net/ejlbell/fashion-productdeduplication)
- 300k online recommendation model updates per day (http://developers.lyst.com/data/2014/11/11/word-embeddings-for-fashion/)
- 72k crowd-sourced labels generated per day
- 40k product gender classifications per day via deep learning
- 500k recommended products per day
- 120 EC2, 8 RDS, 7 ElastiCache and 10 Redshift instances
- our internal analytics system collects ~100M data points/day
...and a team that…
We're looking for experienced engineers that have managed to solve big challenges through ingenious ideas and execution.
We would like to say we're language agnostic, but we're not really, with the majority of the codebase written in Python. We love Python. It's all Python, everything.
At the moment we're also really interested to speak to people who have solved large scale architectural challenges, built out services within a microservices environment and worked with Data Science teams.
We like to speak to commercially minded engineers who can understand business objectives and the need for building a great user experience.
if you have mentored engineers or built a team, that's always good in our book and we like to speak to people who enjoy sharing their own learnings and experiences.
- You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days over Christmas, so a total of 29 days + bank holidays!
- Engineering team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things they’re working on internally and externally.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage engineers to attend events.
- Learning and Development - From Python to SEO, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed. Each team also has a training budget to help cover any external courses.
- A clothing allowance - we’re a fashion company and you’ll get an allowance to spend on goodies from Lyst
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved
- Health and Wellness is also important to us and we put on regular yoga classes, have football and netball teams and encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Pension; up to 3% matched contribution.