Senior Software Engineer
Lyst is a technology platform that revolutionises the way people shop for fashion. We connect millions of consumers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and more effective shopping experience. Lyst has grown over 300% every year since launch in 2011 and has raised over $60M from top-tier investors including Accel, DFJ, Balderton and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors and Oscar de la Renta.
Lyst are hiring senior software engineers to build well engineered, innovative and long lasting solutions for our millions of online shoppers.
At the heart of Lyst is a data aggregator that lists millions of fashion products from hundreds of designers, brands and retail partners. A scraping architecture that makes more than 4 million calls a day, we automatically add, de-duplicate and moderate 1000s of new products to the site every week. On top of this data, we build systems that help people discover, follow and buy from their favourite fashion brands.
You will join a team that:
- Builds real products for millions of users, predominantly in a Python based stack.
- Deploys 10 times a day, makes nearly 20 thousands lines of changes a week and takes pride and ownership in what they create.
- Believes in working in a collaborative manner and that consistent improvement comes from sharing ideas.
- Tests things; whether it's your code or a new idea.
- Actively contributes to the open source and tech community.
Things we use:
You will be working on whole projects right from design through to shipping. You will enjoy collaborating with engineers and non technical teams, working on defining features and ensuring they are scaleable and delivered to project deadlines. You can find out more about the team and see some of our open source projects here: http://developers.lyst.com/
We believe that there is no silver bullet to fix the problems and challenges we face: instead we encourage consistent iteration to ensure we are always solving problems.
Here at Lyst you will have impact on everything from code quality to our culture.
You will consider yourself an experienced engineer and have at least five years experience writing code in production. You will be passionate about great code, well built products and beautifully engineered solutions. You will be happy to work in a predominantly python based environment, enjoy testing and deploying your own code and be confident using tools like Docker and Git.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience working on scalable, high impact and high performing products.
- Be comfortable creating products using a performant, typed language such as Python, C++ or Java
- Have experience working in a leadership role and delivering projects from start to finish.
- Be confident working with changing requirements and ambiguity. We move fast, so change should be something you enjoy.
- Have a good understanding of data structures, algorithms, TDD and APIs with an interest in microservices. Bonus points for using Microservices in production.
- Love solving problems that keep you awake at night.
- You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days over Christmas, so a total of 29 days + bank holidays!
- Engineering team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things they’re working on internally and externally.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage engineers to attend events.
- Learning and Development - From Python to SEO, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed. Each team also has a training budget to help cover any external courses.
- A clothing allowance - we’re a fashion company and you’ll get an allowance to spend on goodies from Lyst
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved
- Health and Wellness is also important to us and we put on regular yoga classes, have football and netball teams and encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Pension; up to 3% matched contribution.