Software Engineer - Customer Experience
Lyst is a global search engine that connects millions of shoppers to the fashion they love. Our product combines data science, software engineering and UX design to empower our customers to search millions of unique items and find they clothes they’ll love. Our teams own their work from idea to live in production, can release as often as they want and have the freedom to build what’s best for the customer. Lyst offers a wide range of complex problems to solve for millions of active users all over the world within a growing, diverse and flexible working environment.
Our teams are made of about 5-6 people with a mix of skills intended to fit the problem they are tackling. Each team is responsible for the deployment and operation of the software they work on. This means we have a lot of microservices but we invest in the training and tooling to make this work well.
We are constantly experimenting with new solutions for our users and data driven in everything we do from design to engineering. Our teams run hundreds of A/B tests and user studies a year to find out what really works for our customers.
We do continuous deployment and test in production but aim to keep fire fighting and service disruption to minimum so we can focus on building a better product. Building software that’s fast to iterate on, easy to maintain and low on surprises isn’t always easy but we value a good night's sleep.
We use a wide variety of technology but this isn’t a checklist.
- Python 3, Django, PostgreSQL.
- ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached.
- TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, SageMaker, Elastic Map Reduce.
- A lot of AWS
We’re looking for someone with previous experience as either a frontend or backend software engineer to work on our search technology. You’ll be joining our customer experience team who build our core search algorithms and explore new techniques to get customers to the right product in less time.
We’re particularly keen on people who take a multi-disciplinary, customer focussed and metrics lead approach to development using tools like A/B testing and continuous deployment to get feedback about what works as fast as possible. We are looking for open minded frontend or backend engineers to help expand the ways we can use data science to help customers find the best products.
- Working in a diverse and welcoming team
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- Company pension - up to 3% matching
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1,500 to spend on courses and training
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally