Senior Data Scientist
Lyst is a global search engine that connects millions of shoppers to the fashion they love. Our product combines data science, software engineering and UX design to help customers find what they want out of millions of unique items.
We bring together people with a wide variety of skills to work in small teams with a shared vision of the product.
We value autonomy and alignment and reward teams for using this freedom to build a great product.
We aim for a diverse culture that is all about learning to create great software for our users.
We’re looking for someone who can work with our existing team of data scientists and engineers to help us navigate the complex world of machine learning.
As a senior data scientist at Lyst, you’ll be working with small groups of other data scientists on problems around our search experience. Named entity recognition, search result ranking & diversification, personalisation and recommender systems are all problems we are actively discovering opportunities in to improve our product.
We solve some unique problems at Lyst so you’ll be learning the best solutions as you go. You’ll also help teach other engineers new techniques and applications, and with product owners to help find new ways to apply data science and machine learning in our solutions.
We make great use of both the Python and AWS data science ecosystems to power our solutions. We hold regular literature reviews and data science training sessions here to help spread knowledge of the best techniques available that fit our problem.
Our teams are made of about 5-6 people with a mix of skills intended to fit the problem they are tackling. Each team is responsible for the deployment and operation of the software they work on. This means we have a lot of microservices, but we invest in the training and tooling to make this work well.
We aim to keep fire fighting and service disruption to minimum so we can focus on building a better product. Building software that’s easy to maintain and low on surprises is a goal in many of the design approaches we’ve taken.
- Working in a diverse and welcoming team
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- Company pension - up to 3% matching
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1,500 to spend on courses and training
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally