We are looking for an SEO Director to accelerate our growth at Lyst.
Our approach is truly customer-focused and data lies at the heart of our business. We take a lean, iterative and technology focused approach to solving the problems we face. Our teams are focused on growing our business and SEO lies at the heart of our global growth strategy. SEO represents a significant channel for the business and we have a team of engineers and product managers dedicated to delivering SEO growth.
As SEO Director you will take ownership of SEO strategy and execution to ensure that we continue to be at the forefront of the way customers browse and shop for fashion. You will be working closely with our highly skilled team of Product Managers and Engineers, you will take ownership of projects and initiatives and SEO to deliver growth, on a huge scale, in line with company wide goals.
Your day to day role will include:
- Leading the advancement of SEO to significantly increase organic performance.
- Owning the P&L for SEO, including defining and owning the forecast, and performance vs. plan.
- Providing leadership around Organic search, including championing truly customer focused features and experiments.
- Qualifying, sizing and executing on initiatives that have the propensity to deliver large scale growth (across all marketplaces)
- Working alongside Product and Engineering teams to ensure our website changes deliver positive improvements to the metrics we care about.
- Leading deep dives to understand performance gaps and opportunity to unlock growth
- Defining and owning the SEO roadmap, covering website architecture, crawling, indexing and data quality.
- Leading, mentoring and managing the SEO team, ensuring they’re aligned with capitalising on the largest opportunities.
- Separating the signal from the noise when it comes to SEO performance.
This is a senior role at Lyst and we are looking for someone who is looking for a new challenge where they will be able to make an impact on aspects of a business whose lifeblood is traffic. Minimum five years of relevant SEO experience (ideally in e-commerce).
You will be:
- An Executor with a proven track record delivering projects at scale with pace, precision and excellence. Able to effortlessly bring data-driven ideas which have the propensity to deliver meaningful growth, to fruition.
- Analytical. You will have the ability to drive a data focus in all decisions for both your teams and the wider business. Your deep personal expertise in data analysis will allow you to uncover, detail, visualise and solve some of the fundamental challenges regarding enterprise level SEO in a logical manner.
- Growth Minded, because SEO is intrinsically linked to the growth of our platform and our business. You will have experienced exponential growth in an SEO role, ideally where you'd led a team or a business. You will be continually able to find, prioritise and pivot to opportunities for expansion and performance improvement as part of a clear strategy for SEO growth.
- Equal in both the detail and the big picture. The traits in people that we especially value at Lyst are ownership, humility, talent (over experience), impact and drive. We value raw intelligence, and would choose the ability to learn quickly over decades of experience. As the world around us is changing quickly, experience is not always as valuable as it used to be. It can also limit us from adopting new, better ways of doing things. Specially for non-paid growth, you’ll be expected to both dive very deep on the detail, as well as take a broad strategic view.
- A Leader, open minded, engaging and mission driven. You will be able to integrate different functional groups to form a consensus for core aims and delivery expectations. Highly visible personal integrity, credibility and influencing skills.
- Experienced with large scale technical SEO. You have experience working with large (multi-million page) websites, delivering content and link strategy. You’re also very creative and are constantly coming up with new, imaginative solutions to solve problems and deliver growth.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Time off. You get 29 days throughout the year.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Sports and exercise. We have regular yoga classes, table tennis, 5-a-side football and netball to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Team meet-ups. We get together twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally
- Social events. Join in with board games or film nights, or start something new! You’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.