Lead iOS Engineer
Lyst is a global search engine that connects millions of shoppers to the fashion they love. Our product combines data science, software engineering and UX design to help customers find what they want out of millions of unique items.
We bring together people with a wide variety of skills to work in small teams with a shared vision of the product.
We value autonomy and alignment and reward teams for using this freedom to build a great product.
We aim for a diverse culture that is all about learning to create great software for our users.
The App Discovery Squad
The App Discovery Squad is part of our Catalyst Tribe, whose mission is to design and build something new for our customers in the most innovative way possible. Our goal is to ultimately create a new business for customers to find and buy fashion from our partners through a seamless, end-to-end experience.
We're looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join us currently and help Lyst build and grow our product for iOS platform. You will work closely with our current engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers to develop new product features and help us execute our product strategy.
You will be working as part of a team to build a mobile platform that leverages our gigantic data sets to provide an immersive and engaging user experience.
We're looking for someone excited by working on products in their infancy. You will work closely with our current engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers to build the best fashion search app, in a fast-paced iterative environment.
We are looking for someone with experience working on published iOS applications through the whole development life cycle and believes in proving fast. Using modern development tools like continuous integration, unit testing and dependency managers. Ideally, you’ll have experience coordinating multiple mobile squads, helping with the creation of product roadmaps and technical roadmaps. You’ll be working very closely to product managers defining and estimating features. As a lead engineer, you’ll also manage a small group of engineers, taking care of their career progression, setting and tracking their personal objectives. You’ll have the opportunity to mentor other junior engineers and training them to become great Swift developers.
This position is still hands on. You are expected to code and review others code. You’ll help the rest of teams aligning them around best practices, tools and technologies. Our application is written in Swift so its essential that you have experience of this.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Time off. You get 29 days throughout the year.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Sports and exercise. We have regular yoga classes, table tennis, 5-a-side football and netball to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Team meet-ups. We get together twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally
- Social events. Join in with board games or film nights, or start something new! You’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.