International Director - 12 month FTC
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
You will be joining a new team accountable for launching non-English markets, the International Team. Together with a fellow International Director, you will each take responsibility for the P&L of several high-growth international regions. This role will focus on Lyst’s local sites in France, Italy and Spain, although note you may be required to take on responsibility for further countries over the 12 months due to the high-growth nature of the international project.
Reporting to the VP of International, and with the support of 3 dedicated Communications Leads responsible for one market each (reporting directly to you), you will define the strategy and be accountable for the performance of the business in each local market. Your responsibilities will include overseeing marketing, acquiring the right local partners to ensure we are offering the best inventory on each site, and analysing varied sources of performance data to make informed decisions about how best to fuel these already high-growth regions. You will be required to have a good understanding of the eCommerce landscape of the markets you are responsible for and an awareness of the commercial levers available to drive growth, as well as knowledge of wider factors that may impact performance in a region, such as user behaviour or seasonality.
As well as the day to day management of the region, your role will entail managing complex cross-functional projects to enable our commercial success: evaluating new monetization models, launching marketing tools for partners, and spearheading and evaluating new test and learn approaches by market.
- Define quarterly strategy for marketing and supply approach for each market
- Create and execute a testing plan to evaluate the success of the strategies in each market
- Analyse user behaviour to formulate and test theories on how to optimise site growth
- Work closely with the expert SEM and SEO functional teams who sit within the central business to define and monitor the marketing approach
- Work closely with the Supply team to communicate the strategy and own the activation of our international partners in new markets
- Build and nurture new relationships with international and local partners to achieve commercial success. This includes sourcing potential partners, frequent travel to the markets and negotiating key terms, monitoring performance, pitching commercial tools developed in-house and fostering key relationships with retailers and affiliate networks
- Day-to-day management, coaching and development of Communications Leads
- Evaluate new monetization opportunities to improve Lyst’s business economics
- Evaluate potential opportunities to enter other markets in the near future
- You are a master communicator, building strong relationships both externally and internally - you will work with almost every part of the business and you must be comfortable coordinating complicated projects with other teams.
- You are extremely analytical and comfortable using multiple sources of data to inform your decisions. You have experience using data tools such as Looker and Excel.
- You have exceptional written and verbal skills and presentation experience. You will be interacting with key press and fostering relationships with our partners so you must be comfortable negotiating with senior-level executives.
- You will manage a range of complex partner relationships of varying size and will need to have great organizational skills to manage it all.
- You are adaptable and understand we are working towards a collective goal - Lyst is a fast-paced work environment, and the product and tools are likely to change and improve all the time.
- You are delivery-focused, comfortable setting tough targets for yourself and your team and motivated by trying to reach them.
- You are keen for the challenge of being accountable for the success of a significant region, acting autonomously in making judgements without well-defined operating procedures or guidelines.
- You have previously managed a small team.
- You have a love (or at least high regard) for fashion and deep knowledge of the European fashion market.
- You have a solid understanding of affiliate marketing, attribution models, and other performance marketing metrics.
Closing Date for applications - 28th August 2019
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact, we go further and all Lysters get £1,500, $1,900 to spend on conferences, courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet-ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved