Lyst is a technology platform that helps fashion lovers find the right item, in the right size at the right price. We connect millions of consumers globally with millions of products from the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and better buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Our team of engineers and data scientists are pushing the boundaries of how data and technology are used in the fashion commerce space. We are developing an environment and culture that is all about writing great software using the best tools in the best possible manner.
What you will be working on:
- Collaborating with product managers and designer to build new features
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards, which range from simple server-rendered pages to client-side applications built using React
- Helping to improve our build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster.
- Writing both unit and integration tests - we love testing.
- Building your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Creating better solutions for everything we do, from culture to code.
- Contributing to open source libraries that we have either created or use, for example our CSS inliner that we use for emails ( https://github.com/ssaw/django-inlinify )
Things that matter to us…
- Progressive enhancement - not because we expect people to disable JS but because we believe this makes you build a better product
- Mobile first - lyst.com is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance
- CSS - we use LESS and more recently adopted CSS Modules,
- Tooling - we’re currently using Babel, Webpack, LESS, ESLint, Jest, Sinon, Flow, and a whole load more… we’re always evaluating what we use to improve our work
- Python - a lot of our dependencies are written in Python, so some familiarity or willingness to learn is useful
We’re looking for engineers who are excited to join a diverse, innovative team to have a real impact on the culture, growth and the code you write. Being challenged, pushing boundaries and offering ideas are part of day to day life at Lyst.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $2000 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.