Senior Frontend Developer
About LystLyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Our team of engineers and data scientists are pushing the boundaries of how data and technology are used in the fashion commerce space. We are developing an environment and culture that is all about writing great software using the best tools in the best possible manner.
As a senior frontend developer you will be ensuring that the platform continues to exceed shoppers’ expectations, helping us to constantly release new features and improve functionality. You will work in a product led cross discipline team on everything from helping to choose the best tools and frameworks to working with design and product to build exciting new features.
We're planning on some major changes to our design and frontend architecture in the future and you'll be at the centre of solving lots of key technical and user experience issues.
What you will be working on:
- Adding to our backend and services side, building with Python & Django.
- Helping to improve our build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster. We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups around this: ECS, Docker, CircleCI.
- Collaborating with product managers and designers to build new consumer features.
- Writing both unit and integration tests - we love testing.
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards, which range from simple server-rendered pages to client-side applications built using React.
- Python - a lot of our service dependencies are written in Python and we're big fans of Django as well.
- CSS - we use Less.
- Mobile first - lyst.com is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance.
- Tooling - we’re currently using Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Mocha, and a whole load more… We’re always evaluating what we use to improve our work.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Build your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $2000 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.