Engineering Manager - Tribe Lead
Lyst is a technology platform that helps fashion lovers find the right item, in the right size at the right price. We connect millions of consumers globally with millions of products from the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and better buying experience.
Lyst is arranged in a tribe structure, individual teams that make up a tribe are small, self-managing and autonomous with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the team's goals.
As Engineering Manager for the Demand tribe, you will act as tribe lead alongside counterparts from Product and Marketing. The mission of the Demand tribe is to acquire and retain customers profitably at scale. This means working on projects to support paid marketing, email marketing, SEO initiatives and increasing the Lyst member base. In total Demand is made up of 40 Lysters spread over of which a quarter are made up of technical staff.
What you’ll do:
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Alongside your peers in tribe leadership, set the strategic vision for the Demand tribe.
- Champion good engineering practices, evolving the technical expertise of your team e.g performance, maintainability, reliability engineering, security and managing technical debt.
- Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the tribe's code, architecture, and processes.
- Build a high trust, collaborative, respectful and inclusive environment in which to work. Work with the talent team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in building, leading and mentoring cross-functional development teams and passionate about delivering valuable, working software systems with them.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You can motivate and instil a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- Have a natural entrepreneurial ethos in keeping with the spirit of the Demand tribe.
We believe passionately that teams made up of diverse perspectives and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace and a better product. We encourage everyone to be part of the changing the way people buy fashion.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.