Senior Fullstack Engineer - Internationalisation
Who are we?
Lyst is a global search engine that connects millions of shoppers to the fashion they love. Our product combines data science, software engineering and UX design to help customers find what they want out of millions of unique items.
We bring together people with a wide variety of skills to work in small teams with a shared vision of the product.
We value autonomy and alignment and reward teams for using this freedom to build a great product.
We aim for a diverse culture that is all about learning to create great software for our users.
As our senior engineer for international, you’ll be responsible to oversee the internationalization of our product in local languages as per our ambitious localization roll-out.
You will not only ensure each local platform mirrors our UK platform and exceeds local user expectations, but also collaborate with product managers and designers to design the localized experience and build new consumer features in new markets. You will be the champion for i18n, promoting i18n inside engineering and making sure everyone keeps in mind i18n requirements from design phase.
How we work
Our website is mostly built on Django using Python 3 and is backed by a collection of independent services which power our user experiences.
Our teams are made of about 5-6 people with a mix of skills intended to fit the problem they are tackling. Each team is responsible for the deployment and operation of the software they work on. This means we have a lot of microservices but we invest in the training and tooling to make this work well.
We aim to keep fire fighting and service disruption to minimum so we can focus on building a better product. Building software that’s easy to maintain and low on surprises is a goal in many of the design approaches we’ve taken.
Most of our engineers work from our office in London but we appreciate it’s not always the perfect environment for everyone. That’s why we are open to the option of working from home if it’s what’s best for you.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.
You might also be interested to read about our company values or find out more about some of the things we’ve built recently on our engineering blog over at https://making.lyst.com.