Fashion Insights Reporter
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a fashion insights reporter to join Lyst’s comms squad, whose mission is to communicate our functional and brand value externally, in the most valuable channels.
Reporting directly to Lyst’s Communications Director, you will be responsible for creating industry leading fashion news content. From reactive newsjacking opportunities to in-depth editorial articles and data reports, you’ll need to generate smart concepts for fashion content, and for how these stories might be developed, written and visualized.
This is an exciting opportunity for a journalist that’s hungry to make their mark. You’ll have access to Lyst’s unique fashion data, as referenced by worldwide media including The New York Times, BBC, The Guardian, Metro, Elle, E! News, i-D and Vogue. We need you to help us create game changing content, finding and writing stories the world will want to read and share.
For this role, we are looking for:
- A self starter brimming with exciting story ideas.
- A clear and concise, confident writer, with published work to prove it.
- A strong editorial mindset: be able to identify the hottest stories, and the killer insights that count.
- A love (or at least high regard) for fashion. You will ideally have an understanding of the designers, trends, influencers and key calendar dates that matter, and why.
- Expert social media skills. In this role you will pro-actively use social media to find starting points for stories and gather user generated insights. We need someone who knows and loves what’s being talked about, and is able to identify opportunities for Lyst to be a part of that conversation.
- Comfortable learning and using analytics tools to find, analyse and interpret fashion data.
- A fast worker, able to write under pressure and to deadline. You’ll need to work quickly to be first with reactive stories and breaking news.
- An innovative thinker, keen to make an impact and and take some risks. We want Lyst’s content to stand out and be noticed!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.