Front End Developer/Designer
Lyst is a technology platform that helps fashion lovers find the right item, in the right size at the right price. We connect millions of consumers globally with millions of products from the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and better buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a talented Front End Developer/Designer to join the team in our London office and help create products that communicate our vision and help people shop from over 11,000 designers and 8M products.
You will work closely with Product Managers and Engineers within small project driven cross-functional teams - working together to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution. You will have a strong aesthetic sense, an intuitive understanding of interface design, and be comfortable taking a lead on large projects.
You will have the chance to not only shape the product roadmap but also involve yourself in other areas of the business (whether that’s user testing, engineering or anything else).
As a Designer at Lyst, beyond your day-to-day role you will be an advocate within the company for the user & help the company develop a stronger sense of design thinking.
For this role, we're looking for someone who has:
- 2-5 years’ experience working as a Designer
- Solid understanding of HTML & CSS
- You will be keen to develop your technical skill further and act as a bridge between designers and developers to encourage cross-pollination of skills and knowledge
- You will have an interest in design systems and will be an advocate for creating good design principles and technical tools for developers and designers to work more efficiently together and speak the same language
- An online portfolio showcasing your work in a thoughtful, clear and concise manner
- Team oriented - we’re looking for someone who loves collaborating in multidisciplinary teams.
- Have great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.