We want to make it easy for anyone to find the fashion they're looking for, whatever their style. We’re doing this by building a truly global fashion search platform.
To get there, we need to create experiences that aren’t just engaging, but insanely useful. We want to help our users in a way that no one else can. This is where you come in!
We’re looking for an amazing Product Designer to come and join our small but growing Design team in London.
Launched in London in 2010, Lyst connects millions of shoppers globally with items from over 12,000 designers and stores; from Burberry, Alexander McQueen and J.Crew, to Lane Crawford, Saks Fifth Avenue and Harrods.
The company has raised $60 million to date, and is backed by range of all-star investors including Accel Partners (Facebook, Spotify), Balderton (Yoox, Net-A-Porter) and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and Tory Burch.
Our London HQ is in the amazing old White Cube gallery on Hoxton Square, and we have a US base in New York.
The Design team blends business realities with user insights to create experiences that help our customers, move us towards our goals, and bring our vision to life.
A few things we've been working on recently:
- More powerful tools for searching a massive inventory. We have over 4 million fashion items on Lyst — that's a big haystack for anyone to find a needle in. How do we blend design and data science to only show what's relevant? We're prototyping and testing smarter ways to learn about our customers preferences, and more useful ways to filter results.
- New ways to give users access to the world's fashion. For a variety of reasons it's not always possible to find what you want online. We're exploring ways to help our users to find and buy the item they want, regardless of whether or not it's in stock.
- Finding out more about our users. Although we bake research and testing into every project we work on, sometimes you just need to get deeper. We recently flew to the United States and interviewed users there to help build understanding and uncover insights from our largest market. These deep dives are immensely helpful in helping spot opportunities we might have otherwise missed.
As part of your daily role you’ll:
- Work in cross-functional squads with Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers to understand meaty problems and opportunities, and define the scope and requirements for a solution.
- Take a design from concepts, sketches and prototypes, all the way through to implementation.
- Understand the current design landscape, and know the right tool for the job. Whether that's sketching, Sketch, Framer, or straight-up HTML.
- Work to understand any technical limitations, whilst always pushing the team to keep one eye on the future. We want you to help us take big leaps, as well as small steps, forward.
- Know that launching is never the end of the story, and partner with our Researchers and Product Managers to understand how people are using your designs, and iterate until you achieve the desired outcome.
As part of a very collaborative Design team you’ll also:
- Be able to take the lead on projects.
- Have good product thinking skills, and constantly look for ways to deliver a better experience to our users.
- Share your skills and help other members of the team level-up.
- Be interested in shaping the way we work, the tools we use, and the systems manage. We treat our team like a product, and are always looking for ways to be more fulfilled and impactful. This can mean anything from investing in a new tool, to updating our component library, to rolling something of our own to help get the job done better.
Our ideal person is someone who will:
- Have hands-on experience designing complex digital products, working with Engineers & Product Managers — we love collaborating, and need someone who shares this belief!
- Have a strong portfolio of digital products, ideally with real things live in the world. Got the full worts-and-all case study, with sketches, prototypes, and the ideas that didn’t make it? Even better!
- Be able to take a well-framed problem, and generate solutions that are both technically feasible, and address the core user needs.
- Have great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to people who ‘speak design’, and people who don’t.
- Be interested in getting involved in the wider design community.
If you’re unsure if you fit the bill, apply anyway! You don’t need a degree for this role.
We're going to look after you, and offer:
- Generous salary
- Private Healthcare by Vitality — your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension — up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays — it's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Your conference tickets are paid for — we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Eyecare — Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.