Python Backend Engineers:
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Our team of engineers and data scientists are pushing the boundaries of how data and technology are used in the fashion commerce space. We’re developing an environment and culture that is all about writing great software, using the best tools in the best possible manner.
As one of our Backend Engineers, you’ll ensure the platform not only continues to exceed user expectations, but help push releases of both evolving and new features we have in the works, while all the time helping improve on functionality. You will work in a product-led cross-discipline team and your opinion matters; from helping choose the best tools and frameworks for the job to working alongside design and product on new features. We're looking for a number of engineers, ranging from Junior to Senior Level.
So, what will you be working on?:
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups around this: ECS, Docker, CircleCI
- Collaborating with product managers and designers to build new consumer features
- Writing both unit and integration tests - we love testing.
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards, which range from simple server-rendered pages to client-side applications built using React
Things that matter to us…
- Python: (probably about 80-90% of your day to day!!) - a lot of our service dependencies are written in Python and we're big fans of Django as well!
- Mobile first - lyst.com is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance
- Progressive enhancement - not because we expect people to disable JS but because we believe this makes you build a better product. Speaking of…
- Tooling - we’re currently using Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Mocha, and a whole load more… we’re always evaluating what we use to improve our work
- Build your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well-earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact, we go further and all Lysters get £1,500, $1,900 to spend on conferences, courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet-ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.