We are looking for an exceptional SVP People to lead our People Team at Lyst. This is an opportunity to define how one of Europe’s fastest growing startups attracts, hires and retains its top-tier talent, which is central to our ongoing success.
As our SVP People, you are an owner and driver of our culture, so you will take the lead in generating new ideas to foster an environment where our teams are proud and excited to be working at Lyst.
Reporting directly to the C-Suite, you are a key member of our Leadership team. You will be responsible for both our HR and Talent Acquisition teams, with a Director of HR and Director of Talent Acquisition to support you implement your vision.
Lyst is a global fashion search platform that helps customers find and buy the fashion they’re looking for, whatever their style. Our website and app are used by over 70 million people around the world, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in sales for the brands and stores we partner with. We’re also backed by leading investors including Accel, Balderton, Draper Esprit and LVMH.
As a team, we are driven and excited by building something unique that truly helps our customers - we are committed to continually improving the experience for them. We love challenges, problem-solving, dedication, and above all delivering impact that makes our customers lives better.
As the owner of our People function, you will develop and implement plans to nurture an environment where world-class talent wants to work, and where our people can grow and fulfil their potential. You will also act as a key advisor to the Leadership team on all matters related to their teams’ growth, development, reward and recognition.You will be responsible for:
- Cultivating an environment that attracts and retains exceptional talent by driving our culture with the support of other key stakeholders.
- Defining and amplifying our employer brand, including an events strategy aimed at attracting talent.
- Hiring the talent needed by our team to scale by managing and coaching the Talent Acquisition team, taking us from 110 people across our London HQ and New York office today to several hundred in the coming years.
- Designing an efficient and effective interview process while ensuring all candidates have a positive interview experience, even where it doesn’t result in an offer.
- Managing effective onboarding, training, learning and development processes, aimed at setting up our people for success.
- Anticipating, planning and providing expert guidance for the People opportunities and challenges we face as we scale, including compliance, regulation and legal matters.
- Developing an effective performance review system while developing a culture of frequent feedback.
- Advising our Leadership team on budget allocation, including headcount planning, learning & development, and salary benchmarking.
- Advising our wider team on the importance of diversity and inclusion to build high-performing teams with depth.
You will have an extensive background as an People leader with a solid understanding of Talent Acquisition and People Operations, in a fast-growing business with a strong technology component.
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills:
- Desire and ability to motivate, mentor, and support your team.
- Ability to nurture teams to support their development and career progression, demonstrated by past success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good listener and reader of people, can build deep trust across our team.
- CIPD or equivalent qualification.
- Current knowledge of UK and US employment law.
And to thrive in our culture you have to have the following traits:
- Entrepreneurial, action-oriented owner with high degree of autonomy.
- Enthusiasm to be an ambassador for our culture internally and externally.
- Excited by high growth, including the challenges that come with it.
- Adaptable and open to change.
- Positive and passionate outlook.
- Passionate about creating a fantastic workplace.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.