VP Engineering - Partner Supply
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
Lyst is arranged in a tribe structure, individual teams that make up Supply tribe are small, self-managing and autonomous with end-to-end responsibility for data pipelines, partner tools and and the connectivity of our business partners . This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the team's goals.
As VP of Engineering for the Supply tribe, you will act as an engineering leader alongside counterparts from Product and related business stakeholders
The Supply Tribe's mission is to create the place where customers around the world start their fashion search. As a global fashion search platform, we will acquire and retain the partners our customers want and provide the greatest assortment of the most relevant products so they always find what they are looking for. We will ensure that customers have the most accurate and comprehensive product information so they find what they want and (customers and partners) return to Lyst.
What you’ll do:
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback.
- Alongside your peers in Supply you will contribute to the overall strategic vision .
- Continuously evolve and guide the technical expertise of your team e.g performance, maintainability, reliability engineering, security and managing technical debt.
- Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the tribe's code, architecture, and processes.
- Ability to understand how engineering fits in and supports overall business strategy
- Build a high trust, collaborative, respectful and inclusive environment in which to work.
- Work with the talent team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent.
Ideal skills and experince
- Distributed systems knowledge
- Comfortable with using AWS for almost everything possible over building it yourself.
- Worked at a company with significant B2B component.
- Some experience of data science concepts.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in building, leading and mentoring cross-functional development teams
- Passionate about delivering valuable, working software systems with them.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You can motivate and instil a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have a natural entrepreneurial ethos in keeping with the spirit of the Supply tribe.
- You're very commercial and impact-driven.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get a total of 29 days in addition to bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 per year to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- End of week drinks at Lyst every Friday!