Senior Growth Engineer
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion stores. We strive to provide the user with a simple way to find the most relevant items for them, in their size and at the right price.
Lyst is arranged in a tribe/squad structure. Squads are individual small autonomous teams, with end-to-end capabilities, hence teams are mostly multi-functional, to achieve their mission. Squads are grouped in Tribes, who have an overarching mission.
This role sits within our Demand tribe whose mission is to “attract and re-engage valuable users to interact with the Lyst platform”. As Senior Growth Engineer you will be an essential part of the new Growth Squad, which is focused in getting our target audience to experience our core values as fast and frequently as possible.
This newly-formed squad will have a remit to work on the biggest opportunities within the funnel (awareness, acquisition, activation, retention, virality), and will be autonomous to make changes to our product and marketing actions in order to accelerate the rate of growth of the company, one opportunity at a time. The initial opportunity we identified is in the exploration of organic acquisition, via working with publishers around commerce-related content.
The nature of this work will be very iterative, launching new ideas, building, testing and learning weekly - so if you are thrilled about that style of working, this is your chance to have a lot of impact and fun!
This position will suit a generalist, someone who is curious about everything that could bring growth, not necessarily just engineering. They should also be very versatile and able articulate their ideas clearly.
This role will suit you if:
- You think that failure is an opportunity and perfection is the enemy of growth - good enough is what you aim for to learn and get to the next experiment
- You have a passion for finding repeatable and scalable ways to increase growth - you like to work across stack as this usually unlocks levers to grow
- You love to run experiments and manipulate and analyze complex data sets. This means that goals are usually indeterminate and you’re comfortable with that, for example - "increase the unique views for our news site by 10%” and free rein to find ways to achieve it!
- You have some past experience growing products
- Very familiar with Web technologies
- Experience designing tech solutions that can scale
- Experienced at designing good measurable experiments that deliver good insights
- Very familiar with analytical tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel or similar) and SQL
- Some sense for what good UX is
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests
- Company pension
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- 29 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Friday drinks on Lyst!