Head of Design
Lyst is a technology platform that helps fashion lovers find the right item, in the right size at the right price. We connect millions of consumers globally with millions of products from the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and better buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a Head of Design to join the team in our London office. You will shape and lead on the design of products that communicate our vision and help people shop from over 11,000 designers and 8 million products.
You will bring leadership and direction to Design and be responsible for developing and managing the processes, controls and governance required to deliver these outcomes. You'll also be responsible for overseeing the resolution of complex design decisions across Lyst.
You will be in charge of design from concept through sketches and prototypes all the way to delivery and execution. You will have a strong aesthetic sense, an intuitive understanding of interface design, and be comfortable leading and mentoring Product Designers
You will be an advocate within the company for the user & help the company develop a stronger sense of design thinking.
- The implementation of design and brand in support of Lyst’s Product strategy as well as the artistic direction of Lyst’s products
- Building and scaling a user-first design team to support our Product organization
- Guiding and coaching Product and Visual designers
- Supporting product by designing the user experience of products, releases, features
- The integration of Lyst’s brand and values into it’s design and aesthetics
- Responsible for designing Lyst’s technical design systems and design infrastructure in order to easily scale design across products
- Championing design across the entire organization in conjunction with our Marketing and Product organizations
- Promoting and Managing Design on behalf of the business outside of Lyst proper
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.