Senior Data Scientist
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
As a Data Scientist at Lyst, you will join the Marketplace Tribe, whose mission is to design and build the most innovative ways for customers to find and buy fashion from our partners through a seamless, end-to-end experience. It is made up of five multi-disciplinary Squads and operates as a cross-functional division that serves as the connective tissue between Demand and Supply. Your role will be to solve problems around Search.
To succeed in this role, you'll be a passionate problem solver, capable of taking on any challenge that is thrown your way.
What you’ll do:
- Use statistical modelling and apply ML algorithms to support our search capabilities to make Lyst the best search platform in fashion.
- Apply information retrieval techniques to better match user queries to items in our catalogue
- Contribute to the development of django-based services that underpin Lyst’s functionality
- Work with other members of the team on developing new product initiatives for search
- Strong Python programming experience with a desire to write clean and maintainable code
- Demonstrated statistical and machine learning experience and knowledge of major data science libraries and tools
- Experience working on an end-to-end project from getting data, performing exploratory analysis and algorithmic development and making it production-ready
- Solid problem-solving skills and excitement regarding building products
- Natural team player who enjoys collaborative work
- You have the drive needed to be a part of a small team which is working on creating amazing experiences for our users in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have skills:
- Experience working in search
- Experience with NLP for information retrieval
- Experience working with deep learning applied to search
- Experience with computer vision techniques
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Company pension - up to 3% matching
- Clothing benefit! We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards! You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays!
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Engineering team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things they’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved