Senior Software Engineer - Orders & Payment
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Orders & Payment
As a member of the Orders & Payment Squad you will be part of our Supply Tribe whose mission is to acquire relevant and accurate assortment at the right size and right price, whilst developing and monetising partners positively and profitably.
The Orders & Payment Squad strive to make the experience of buying a product as painless as possible - from the moment a Seeker has found the right product at the right price we want the journey to be as friction-free as humanly possible.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Payments you will be working on the Lyst universal cart, helping customers seamlessly buy the products they find on Lyst.
Our work includes:
- Securely taking payments (we are level PCI Level 1 compliant)
- Integrating with retailers to place orders.
- Maintaining internal APIs to allow other squads to place orders using our architecture
- Developing tools and dashboards to support placing orders, customer care and analytics
- Our stack is predominantly Python, making heavy use of AWS services like RDS (postgres), SES, SQS and KMS.
- Thinking about monitoring/alerting and looking into operational issues
We have a well-defined career ladder within Engineering which is based on meritocratic principles so you can be sure of future advancement based on our four pillars: Technical Skill, Getting Stuff Done, Impact and Leadership.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.