Junior Commercial Lawyer
Lyst is a technology platform that revolutionises the way people shop for fashion. We connect millions of consumers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and more effective shopping experience.
Lyst is looking for a bright and ambitious junior lawyer to join our operations team to support the legal team as we continue to grow. You will join a growing team of accountants, lawyers, HR, customer service and strategy professionals who make up the operations team and will help support all aspects of Lyst’s day-to-day operations and growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
- Liaising with teams across the business and implementing legal solutions to a range of complex problems
- Advising the business on a wide range of matters including IP, GDPR, IT, commercial and employment law matters
- Reviewing third-party terms and conditions and negotiating these on behalf of the business
- Liaising with the Marketing team to prepare a variety of terms and conditions
- Liaising with and instructing external counsel where necessary
- Assisting with company secretarial matters
We are looking for an excellent junior lawyer who wants to help tackle the day-to-day legal challenges facing a fast-growth, innovative company. You will enjoy taking on responsibility and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Ideally, you will:
- Have 0-2 years’ PQE
- Have trained at a top tier law firm and, ideally, have commercial in-house experience
- Excellent technical knowledge regarding commercial contracts, acquired through work experience
- Have experience working on IP and data privacy issues
- Have the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in explaining legal concepts to non-legal professionals with an appreciation of the wider commercial considerations.
- An autonomous approach and a hunger to grow and learn in this fast-paced environment.
- strong analytical ability.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Build your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.