Lyst is a technology platform that helps fashion lovers find the right item, in the right size at the right price. We connect millions of consumers globally with millions of products from the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and better buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
As a Data Scientist at Lyst, you will join the Marketplace Tribe, whose mission is to design and build the most innovative ways for customers to find and buy fashion from our partners through a seamless, end-to-end experience. It is made up of five multi-disciplinary Squads and operates as a cross-functional division that serves as the connective tissue between Demand and Supply. Your role will be to solve problems around Search, Recommendations and De-duplication.
To succeed in this role, you'll be a passionate problem solver, capable of taking on any challenge that is thrown your way. You'll be helping us solve myriad problems across our site: From looking into how we manage search and auto-suggest, to building out the brains of our recommendation engine with deep learning, through to more research driven projects, like working on image recognition with convolutional neural networks.
You'll be a voracious learner, keen to take ownership of projects and thrive on the autonomy that comes with them. You'll have the opportunity to write and build projects that will be at the heart of Lyst's platform and get to see them being used in the wild very rapidly.
- You'll ideally be working somewhere solving similar problems, particularly in the fields of search. We'll award big bonus points if you can bring experience creating convolutional neural nets. However our Data Science team have joined from Banks, research projects and more, so we're pretty relaxed!
- You'll likely have a PhD in Computer Science or Electronics, but we also have people who trained in Economics, Maths, Physics and more.
- You'll be interested in the work that we are doing and be able to contribute to the further development via your experience with machine learning, NLP, stats modelling, deep learning and data mining in your previous research or commercial role
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get $1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.