Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Lyst’s localised products deliver an excellent local experience in all markets. You will be part of our International team shipping localised products in 4+ languages and building internal processes to help Lyst scale into new markets. The role will involve working cross-functionally with developers, product managers, designers, translators and brand representatives to ensure smooth localisation releases.
- Degree level qualification in translation, languages, communications or similar subject
- Extensive localisation experience in the online space, including desktop web, mobile, marketing and SEO
- Excellent understanding of the language translation process
- Experience in setting up new localisation process for web and mobile
- Comfortable managing onsite translators and/or working with offsite translation teams
- Familiar with using CAT tools for translation management
- Fluency in multiple non-English languages (esp Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic or Russian) is a strong advantage
- Experience in localising to Middle Eastern & Asian languages is a plus
- Run daily localisation process and maintain high quality for localised content
- Plan and project manage new market roll-outs across desktop web and mobile
- Oversee localisation workstream to meet the agreed release timelines
- Organise linguistic QA for all localised content and liaise with development to fix language related issues
- Recruit, train and supervise freelance translators
- Oversee localisation budget
- Have excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills to guide localisation of various content types
- Make sure the Lyst tone and language style guide is observed for each country/language we localise to
- Provide localisation feedback and add a linguistic perspective to product planning and development
- Drive internationalisation and localisation best practices across the business
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Transport Season ticket loans.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events - from table-top games to climbing, movie nights to triathlons, you’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.