Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
We want to make it easy for anyone to find the fashion they're looking for, whatever their style. To make an amazing product, we need to provide an amazing experience for our users, and we can’t do this without brilliant research. So we’re looking for a smart and creative user researcher to come and join our product team in London.
Research at Lyst is right at the heart of our product strategy and embedded in the design process. You will be working in agile, cross-functional squads with designers, product managers, data scientists, engineers and customer care agents. This is an opportunity to be close to a product and to have a powerful influence on its development.
A few things we've been working on recently:
- More powerful tools for searching a massive inventory. We have over 4 million fashion items on Lyst, so how do we blend design and data science to only show what's relevant? We're prototyping and testing smarter ways to learn about our customers preferences, and more useful ways to filter results.
- New ways to give users access to the world's fashion. For a variety of reasons, it's not always possible to find what you want online. We're exploring ways to help our users to find and buy the item they want, regardless of whether or not it's in stock.
- Personas and other tools for making users more visible in the design process. We conducted a series of interviews and diary studies earlier this year to get a better picture of who our users and potential user were. This was just the first step. We are treating personas like a product and we intend to keep doing research to make them better and better.
As part of your role you’ll:
- Identify research needs for different parts of the business and develop research plans to address those needs.
- Manage incoming requests for research by finding the best opportunities to make a difference for the business and for our users.
- Design research implementations, tailored to the the task at hand. This could be remote user testing, in-home interviews, surveys, diary studies, or perhaps something you’ve never tried before.
- Organise research sessions, moderate them and take notes.
- Use research findings and other data to produce insights and recommendations.
- Present research findings, run workshops, participate in design sprints, and anything else that helps the business learn from our users and build a better product.
Some great things about working at Lyst are:
- The amount of trust the business puts in you to manage your own work and find ways to make a difference.
- The interesting business and UX challenges. We are trying to do something unusual, so it isn’t like working on a normal ecommerce platform.
- The opportunity to influence the development of an exciting product that is still changing and improving.
- The room for you to grow and learn new things. We value people with interesting combinations of skills. If you want to push yourself and learn about programming, data analysis, design or perhaps something else, we’ll support you.
- The great people, who make coming to work fun and interesting!
Our ideal person is someone who:
- Has hands-on experience of conducting research into complex digital products.
- Knows how to work well with designers, engineers and product managers. We love collaborating and we need someone who shares this belief!
- Has experience with a range of research methods and is comfortable conducting research in person.
- Can design research projects from scratch and find innovative ways to answer research questions. You won’t just be churning out the same research over and over again!
- Will find and draw attention to meaningful insights: the things that will make a difference to the product.
- Has great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas, whether it’s in writing, in small groups, or in front of an audience.
- Is interested in getting involved in the wider research, design and product community.
This is not an entry-level position, so it is important that you have professional user research experience. You don’t need a degree for this role.
If you’re unsure if you fit the bill, apply anyway!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension (up to 3% matching).
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Time off. You get 29 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest, 7 of which have to be taken when the office is closed over Christmas. There’s also the 8 public bank holidays too.
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training.
- Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Sports and exercise - we have regular yoga classes, table tennis, 5-a-side football and netball to encourage a healthy work- life balance.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Team meet-ups. We get together twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Social events. Join in with board games or film nights, or start something new! You’ll find a group of people always keen to get involved.