Software Engineer - Retention
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
As a member of Retention team you’ll be working on both the backend and frontend. We take care of our in-house email marketing and push notification platform and parts of real estate on lyst.com. Our goal is to to build features and emails that users love and make them want to come back.
What will you be working on?
- Scale, improve and maintain our in-house email marketing and push notification platform that’s sending over 2 million personalized emails every day
- Improve user-related pages on lyst.com
- Work on new retentive features for lyst.com
- Add new features and improve UI of our in-house email marketing platform
- Improving the signup and email capture process of lyst.com
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Dynamodb, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS
- Collaborating with product managers and designers
- Writing unit and integration tests
Things that matter to us:
- You like to make things and are comfortable working on both frontend and backend
- You love trying out new things
- Being confronted with a difficult or strange problem makes you feel like a detective that wants to crack the mystery
- Sense of ownership over products, features and services the team looks after
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching.
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Holidays - It's important you take time off! You get 22 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays and 7 additional days when the office is closed over Christmas, so a total of 29 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Build your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.