VP Engineering - Demand
VP Engineering, Demand
Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion stores. We strive to provide the user with a simple way to find the most relevant items for them, in their size and at the right price.
Lyst is arranged in a tribe/squad structure. Squads are individual small autonomous teams, with end-to-end capabilities, hence teams are mostly multi-functional, to achieve their mission. Squads are grouped in Tribes, who have an overarching mission.
Demand is the 30 people Tribe in the company whose mission is to “attract and re-engage valuable users to interact with the Lyst platform”, and today has the following Squads:
Paid, Organic - Earned Media, Organic - Technical SEO, and CRM.
Our philosophy is based on the Growth approach, which combines Marketing, with Product/Design thinking, Data and Technology.
You will be the most senior Engineering leader within the Demand Tribe, which is focused on bringing users to our platform. Reporting to the CTO you will partner closely with the Demand Tribe lead.
Your main areas of focus will be:
- Manage, support, develop, and guide all of the approximately 10 Engineers working in the different Squads who will be reporting to you directly, or indirectly
- Gather general context of the company key projects/initiatives to share with the teams, and think through implications
- Be the sounding board for the Engineers working on the Squads when considering different solutions
- Provide the Tribe Leader with high level insight on potential technology solution space and implications, helping to define the strategy overall
- Great people manager: you are passionate about hiring, developing, nurturing and building teams
- Ability to enable appropriate best practice, processes and support systems for the Engineers to be effective in their teams
- Practical, impact focused, and hands on: you focus the efforts of the team in finding impactful solutions with speed.
- Strong understanding of Product (ideally B2C) and Business/Commercials
- Strong technical depth to be able to discuss and guide regarding Engineering strategy
- Solutions oriented, positive, and creative. You don’t think if it can be done, but how it could be done
- Ability to translate technical concepts and outcomes to a non-technical audience
- Building data pipelines in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of marketing concepts: attribution modelling, LTV, CPC, CPA, PPC etc
- Experience with marketing technologies: real time pricing/bidding, affiliate networks etc.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests
- Company pension
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- 29 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, 5 a-side football and netball teams to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Your conference tickets are paid for - we’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and all Lysters get £1100 to spend on courses and training.
- Team meet ups twice a month to share some of the interesting things we’re working on internally and externally.
- Friday drinks on Lyst!